Structural Engineer Inspector (Keller, TX)
Regal Professional Services is currently hiring for a Civil Engineer/ Structural Engineer Inspector for a client company that is located in Keller/Fort Worth area (Zip code: 76244)
This client is an engineering inspection firm and they are immediately looking to on-board a viable Civil Engineer/ Structural Engineer to join their team. This Civil Engineer/ Structural Engineer position is a full time, temp to hire opportunity on 1st shift and the starting pay rate is negotiable depending on experience.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Driving to residential properties to perform physical inspections for insurance and underwriting reports.
- Take and upload exterior and interior photos of property characteristics to proprietary system, identifying red flags, hazards, unique characteristics, amenities and estimated construction budget.
- Responsible for effectively communicating inspection results through verbal and written reports to underwriting and management within a timely manner
- Planned and implemented weekly and daily travel routes, working in a timely and efficient manner to meet company standards.
- Review and analyze estimated construction budgets for small SFR-MFR properties identifying discrepancies and potential red flags.
- Provide recommendation on larger/complex construction budgets which require secondary approval per guidelines.
- Review preliminary plans and budgets for projects on which the firm provides construction financing.
- Work with senior staff to ensure plans and construction meet building codes, local ordinances, and zoning regulations and that estimates meet budget expectations.
- Monitor project progress through regular site visits during construction along with regular review of budget and schedule.
- Prepare written and verbal reports to Asset Management on construction progress and outline any potential areas for concern in a timely manner (small SFR-MFR projects).
- Implement best practices for in-house construction inspection.
- Provide input to Asset Management on whether requests for construction draws should be released.
- Monitor and provide weekly reports for assets in foreclosure and REO status.
- Keep project logs, including photographs taken during inspection.
Civil Engineer/ Structural Engineer Inspector Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Self-directed, motivated with limited supervision, solid decision making and analytical skills.
- Adaptable, flexible and detail oriented.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Civil Engineer/ Structural Engineer InspectorRequirement:
- BS degree in Civil Engineering/Structural Engineering or similar
- 2-3 years of EIT Experience
- Must be able to run calculations, site visits, drafting.
- AutoCAD experience, must be able to produce examples of past designs/drawings.
- Must have a valid DL for site visits.
- Residential inspection is preferable.