Distribution Supervisor-Burleson, TX
Shift: 10:30am until finish (usually around 7:30pm) Monday-Friday; flexibility may be required
Salary: Depends on experience (typically within the $50k-$85k/yr range)
Volume: Supervising 5-10 shipping/receiving associates
The Distribution Supervisor will manage the distribution operation including the labeling, storage and shipping of all of our client’s products, which includes medical devices and human tissue products.
Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in supply chain/distribution management
• At least 1 year of supervisory experience required
• Experience in medical device distribution or manufacturing, or similar experience in a regulated industry is preferred
• Experience using, implementing, and maintaining warehouse management systems
• International distribution experience a plus
• Proven track record for driving continuous improvement
• Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, and meet strict deadlines
• Provide strategic thinking on ways to improve the operation
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively at multiple levels with Customer Care and other departments to support customer requirements
• Proficient knowledge of personal computers and applications such as Microsoft Office.
• Work schedule will be 2nd shift, occasion weekend work and performing a rotating on-call function.
Primary Responsibilities: The specific duties of the Distribution Supervisor include but are not limited to
Responsible for the safety, quality, delivery and productivity of the department on a day to day basis.
Ensures a safe working environment and compliance to all OSHA requirements.
Complies with all FDA and AATB regulations as well as our client’s quality system with regard to the storage and distribution of medical devices as well as human tissue products.
Manages the daily operations focused on ensuring customer satisfaction including working hands on during peak shipping intervals.
Ensures inventory accuracy is maintained.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
• Requires frequent standing, walking, carrying, bending, stooping, grasping, and reaching.
• Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds on a regular basis and occasionally up to 60 pounds.
• Manual dexterity required to grasp objects utilizing hand/finger coordination.
• Facility controlled by HVAC. Product stored in individual subzero freezers (-80C) and requires the wearing of gloves for PPE.e in a 24/7 environment.